Forecasting Oracle Performance — Craig Shallahamer
Год выпуска: 2007
Автор: Craig Shallahamer
ISBN: 9781590598023, 1590598024
Качество: eBook (изначально компьютерное)
Количество страниц: 294
What makes seasoned IT professionals run for cover? Answer: Forecasting Oracle performance! Craig Shallahamer is an Oracle performance expert with over 18 years of experience. His book is the first to focus, not on the problem of solving today's problem, but squarely on the problem of forecasting the future performance of an Oracle database. Other Oracle performance books are good for putting out fires; Craig's book helps you avoid all the heat in the first place.
This book is a "how to" book filled with examples to transform theory and mathematics into something you can practically apply. You will learn how to use a variety of forecasting models, which will enable you to methodically:
- Help manage service levels from a business value perspective,
- Identify the risk of over utilized resources,
- Predict what component of an architecture is at risk,
- Predict when a system will be at risk,
- Develop multiple risk mitigating strategies to ensure service levels are maintained,
- Characterize a complex Oracle workload.
Размер: 5,42 Мгб